Not eating grains? Try this Zucchini Lasagna with no pasta!
2 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 2 medium)
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1/4 cup vidalia onion chopped
2 small tomatoes cut up
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon McCormick garlic pepper
I love using Ava Janes Kitchen Hot Roasted Garlic Spice too! One of my favorites!!
1/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Pasture egg
3/4 cup low fat cottage cheese (I use ricotta cheese)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (8 oz. divided)
1/4 cup Parmesean cheese
I also chop up and add in a little fresh basil and flat leaf parsley from the garden.
1 teaspoon Bob Red Mills All Purpose Gluten Free flour
1. Cook zucchini until tender, drain and set aside. Fry meat and onions until meat is brown and onions are tender, drain fat. Add next 12 ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 10 minutes or until reduced to about 2 cups.
3. In a small bowl slightly beat the egg
4. Add cottage or ricotta cheese, half of shredded cheese and gluten free flour.
5. In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange half of the meat mixture. Top with half of the zucchini and all the cottage cheese or Ricotta mixture. Top with remaining meat and zucchini.
6. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. (I also use some Parmesean cheese on top) Bake 10 minutes longer.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with some fresh basil too if you'd like!
Gluten Free Lady