Sausage, Potato, Mushroom, Egg Casserole
Yummy addition for breakfast or anytime! This is so easy to whip up and eat on the way out the door in the morning, or cut into squares, put in baggies and freeze to grab and go!
Calories: 454 kcal
Author: Brandie @ The Country Cook
- 2 lb bag hash browns. I use the ones from HEB over by the chicken in the corner in the green bag. There’s no additives in them, it’s all potatoes!
- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage sage or spicy. I use regular or Italian and add my fresh sage from the garden
- ½ shallot finely chopped
- ½ lb cremini mushrooms chopped and sauté in butter or ghee. (mushrooms are optional)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk or almond milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. ( I use cheese from grass fed cows, that doesn’t affect my stomach as much as regular cheese does). I also add in a little parmesan cheese to the egg mixture just because I love it!
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a sauté pan, I saute the mushrooms first in some butter or ghee and remove, then cook onions and brown and crumble sausage. Put the mushrooms back in the sausage mixture.
- Drain any excess grease. If you’d like, you can just take crumbled sausage out of pan, leaving the grease, and then brown the hash browns a bit, this adds nice flavor to the casserole.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- In a baking dish, spread thawed hash browns into bottom of dish.
- Spread cooked sausage on top of hashbrowns.
- Next, pour egg mixture on top of that.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake for additional 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on it to make sure the cheese doesn’t brown up too much.
*Cook's Note: Make sure your hashbrowns are thawed and dried. Pat them dry with a paper towel. You don't want that extra moisture to make your casserole runny. For an added layer of flavor, try browning the hashbrowns in a pan before putting them in the baking dish.
Like most casseroles, this is perfect to make the night before to have ready to bake the next morning!
Enjoy your morning!
Gluten Free Lady
PS - check out the new product I'm recommending at Gluten Free Lady ==>HealingCBDOil
"I've been taking this CBD oil since December 2016 and can really tell the difference in my gut health! I'm not having to take my GlutenFlam as usual. It's amazing! I've truly not seen anything like this oil. I am sleeping better than I have in over 20 years and waking up refreshed with no pain! I'm doing more in the garden, around the house, have more strength when staging houses with my friend, my husband says he's sleeping better. I have many happy customers who are reporting some amazing results too." ~Gluten Free Lady
Gluten Free Lady www.glutenfreelady.com